Construction courses industrial placement year
Two of our undergraduate courses, Construction Project Management BSc and Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management BSc have a compulsory industrial placement year as part of the course.
The benefits of this placement year include:
- Early exposure to the industry
- Practical experience
- Course subjects are put into context
- Paid employment during the placement year
- Potential sponsorship of final year
- An opportunity to gain more understanding of future career pathways
- Adds value to the final year of study
- Experienced graduates are in demand.
Through our industrial placement programmes we have developed very good links with industry. Many local, national and international companies return each year to employ our students.
In addition to collecting student profiles, we now ask companies to fill out company profiles for us as well. Take a look at some of these pages to see which companies have employed our students, what the employers have said about the industrial placement process and our student in particular. Each company profile is linked to the profile page for the students who have worked there.
Construction firms and related companies
Real Estate firms and related companies