The School of the Built Environment at Oxford Brookes University contains one of the largest and most diverse planning focused schools in both the UK and Europe. It has been involved in teaching, research and consultancy in impact appraisal for nearly three decades.
Within the School, the Impact Assessment Unit (IAU) is a well-established centre for knowledge exchange in environmental impact assessment (EIA) and strategic environmental assessment (SEA). Our activities include:
- Consultancy services
- Practitioner short courses relating to EIA including:
- Introduction to EIA
- Masterclass in Screening, Scoping and Environmental Statement/ report review
- Masterclass in Cumulative Effects Assessment in EIA
- Practitioner short courses relating to SEA/SA including distance learning certificate in SEA
- Major centre for postgraduate study at doctoral level – here one of our recent researchers outlines his research. See Wei Ren's research profile.
- Major centre for postgraduate study at masters level including the well established MSc/PgDip in Environmental Assessment and Management – here two of our graduates describes their experience of the course. See postgraduate profiles.
We welcome interest in any aspect of the knowledge exchange activities of the IAU.